Jennifer Borrero is an award-winning, first-generation, Latina entrepreneur. Her social impact projects in creating sustainable development solutions to address international human rights issues have been featured on multiple TED stages. Through her storytelling, Jennifer inspires audiences to realize they are capable and qualified to create change even if they are still figuring out their own journey.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Latinx Focused
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Justice
- Women’s Leadership
GETTING TO KNOW
Jennifer Borrero is the daughter of Colombian-Mexican immigrants and is a social impact advocate. As a first-generation American, Jennifer teaches others to embrace our cultural heritage while growing a purpose-driven career. Jennifer’s North Star has always been her belief that all people deserve to feel cared for, seen, and heard. In a time where individualism is praised, Jennifer emphasizes the importance of creating connections and community across cultures in an authentic way.
Her work as a United Nations Ambassador has allowed her to lead projects around the world; from opening a public health clinic in Nicaragua to developing affordable housing communities in the US. She has run programs in the private and public sectors that focus on creating social change. She tells stories of her experience working on international human rights issues and lessons learned along the way.
Jennifer has been recognized as an emerging Hispanic Executive receiving the “30 Under 30” award for her work as the founder of Youth Housing Coalition, an organization that aims to empower young people to solve some of the country’s most pressing problems. Her work has been featured on multiple TEDx stages. She is currently a Global Goals Ambassador for the United Nations Association.
Jennifer holds a Masters degree in Healthcare Administration from Georgia State University as well as a B.S. in Human Physiology from the University of Oregon.
Jennifer’s ultimate goal is to create innovative solutions to global problems while empowering audiences to show up as leaders in their communities.
The Pressure of a Dream
Who am I? Why am I here? These questions are what both haunted and inspired Jennifer for years to seek deeper meaning. The only person in her family born in the US, she always felt the pressure to succeed in America, while also living up to the expectation of being a woman in a traditional Mexican family.
In this keynote program, Jennifer Borrero shares her personal journey of navigating the pressure to be perfect while striving to make her Hispanic family proud. She recalls stories of struggling to make ends meet, while sending money back to her family, insights of feeling overwhelmed and alone in college and how she turned that pressure and guilt into a career filled with purpose. Jennifer harnesses her leadership style in male dominated spaces while staying true to her roots.
This program is specifically designed to empower audiences seeking to strike a balance between their professional pursuits and cultural expectations, participants who may feel that they are being pulled in opposite directions and are unsure of who they are at their core.
A TRIO college graduate and now a UN Ambassador, Jennifer plants a seed of courage in each participant. Audiences will leave with the tools to turn pressure into power, and understand how to use the unique challenges to develop practices that will cultivate self-compassion.
- How to use societal and cultural expectations of perfection to build resilience and self-compassion,
- How to maintain a strong connection to one’s roots and heritage, and strategies for integrating cultural values and traditions into your professional experience
- How to find your leadership style as a woman identifying person,
- How to create your own path by setting realistic goals and redefining success in their own terms, and
- How to seek mentorship and guidance from peers, professors and campus resources.
This Program is Perfect For Leaders & Teams:
- Leaders and teams looking to integrate purpose and meaning into their work
- Organizations looking for a novel approach to tackle social issues in their communities
Leadership, In Your Community and In The World
Two out of three young adults want to change the world. Are we giving them the tools to do that? Jennifer Borrero has been creating her I.D.E.A.L. impact in the world, and in this keynote she prepares audiences to take opportunities by storm, get the most out of their professional experience and become leaders in work and life.
Throughout the program, Jennifer Borrero equips audiences with a practical roadmap for making an I.D.E.A.L. impact in their own lives and communities. Whether it’s starting a social initiative, advocating for causes they believe in, or becoming change agents in their chosen fields, this keynote program empowers young professionals to embrace their passions and become influential leaders. Audiences will leave feeling inspired, motivated, and ready to make a lasting positive impact on the world around them.
- How to gain clarity on their unique talents and discover what truly drives them through connection and meaning,
- How to envision a future that aligns with their aspirations and how to embrace their own limitless potential,
- How to broaden their horizons and fuel transformations past their fears, failures and challenges,
- How to take intentional steps towards their goals and practical strategies for setting achievable milestones, and
- Actionable leadership tools, how to empower others, and create a ripple effect of impact in their communities
This Program is Perfect For Leaders & Teams:
- Teams that are struggling with low morale and a lack of community.
- Disconnected groups that are missing out on their tremendous potential.
- Organizations looking to inspire change at a local and global level.
It’s time for a new generation to rise and reshape the future. In this keynote program, Jennifer highlights her social justice work and explores how young professionals can actively engage in creating a more equitable and inclusive society.
As a UN Ambassador and founder of a nonprofit, Jennifer recalls her journey of changing careers from a Wall Street techie to focus on social justice issues. Jennifer shares how she created opportunities for herself in rooms where she was deemed too young to have a powerful voice. From meeting with Senators on Capitol Hill to working with students in the Middle East, Jennifer provides the framework she used to have her voice be heard around the world.
Through thought-provoking stories and compelling insights, Jennifer will demonstrate the immense potential of Gen Z to drive meaningful change and how to overcome personal barriers. From grassroots activism to digital advocacy, young professionals will gain valuable tools and resources to effectively amplify their voices and make a tangible impact.
Audiences will leave this program with a newfound sense of purpose and a clear roadmap for action. They will be equipped with the knowledge and inspiration to engage in social justice work and be catalysts to ultimately maximize their potential.
- Recognizing the potential for a fulfilling career that creates positive change in the world,
- Effective ways to channel passion and translate it into impactful actions,
- The critical role Gen Z can play in advocating for and implementing social justice reforms, and
- The power of connection and community in finding purpose and meaning in life.
This Program is Perfect For Leaders & Teams
Vocabulary.com defines “Wonder Woman” as a woman who can be a successful wife and have a professional career at the same time.
Through varying levels of societal norms and definitions it can seem that women are consistently met with unrealistic, and sometimes contradictory, expectations. In this keynote Jennifer addresses the common questions such as “Can you really have it all?” through the lens of a multi-ethnic woman from a traditional Mexican family while being measured against capitalist American values.
Jennifer shares vulnerable, honest, insightful stories of her own journey and the women she admires.
- How to identify and show up as the kind of woman YOU aspire to be,
- Actionable steps to lift one another up and be sources of positivity for ourselves and our communities, and
- How to embrace the multifacetedness of being a woman and show up as authentically as possible.
This Program is Perfect For Leaders & Teams
EVERGREEN Speakers has created promotional templates to help promote your event with Jennifer. In this folder, you will find resources for social media and press photos that you can use for your event.
Review Promotional Materials