Tianna Faye Soto
Tianna Faye Soto is a Puerto Rican, Jamaican-Chinese storyteller who empowers you to care for your mental health and wellness and face your journey with confidence. Her work is heart-centered, service-driven, culturally informed, and rooted in empathy.
- Mental Health
- Stress Management
- Women’s Leadership
GETTING TO KNOW
TIANNA FAYE SOTO
Tianna Faye Soto is a Puerto Rican, Jamaican-Chinese keynote speaker and journalist based in New York City. With expertise in mental health and wellness, Tianna’s mission is to empower professionals to face their journey with clarity and confidence. Her work has been featured by The United Nations Foundation, Facebook, Neutrogena, Coca-Cola, and MindBodyGreen, among others.
Through her work, Tianna shares practical guidance for mental health and wellness and encourages audiences to honor and embrace their personal stories. Her work is heart-centered, service-driven, culturally informed, and rooted in empathy.
Tianna holds a Master of Arts in Clinical & Counseling Psychology from Columbia University and degrees in Psychology and Spanish from NC State University. Additionally, she is a certified yoga and meditation instructor and wellness consultant who works with clients to help them achieve their personal and professional goals.
Stress, Success, & Duck Syndrome
Jam-packed schedules, overflowing cups of coffee, and never-ending to-do lists. It’s no secret that being a working professional these days can feel overwhelming. As a Puerto Rican, Jamaican-Chinese woman and first-generation college graduate who has worked across multiple professions and industries, Tianna has experienced firsthand what it’s like to chase success while secretly battling anxiety, perfectionism, and burnout. One day, she discovered a term for what she was experiencing — “duck syndrome” — a common phenomenon where people appear cool and calm on the surface while paddling hard underneath to stay afloat.
Over time, Tianna has worked to overcome the effects of duck syndrome through intentional wellness and psychology practices. Since then, Tianna has been on a mission to connect with diverse professionals and ensure that they’re equipped with the knowledge, tools, and resources to navigate the ups and downs of the working world. In this program, Tianna teaches audiences practical tools for how to manage stress, care for their mental health and wellness, and navigate their personal and professional journeys with clarity and confidence.
- What duck syndrome is, and how it may be hindering their mental health & wellness
- How to recognize signs of duck syndrome when they arise
- Tangible wellness tools to combat stress, anxiety, and burnout
- How to reframe their idea of success and navigate work and life with clarity and confidence
This Program is Perfect For
- Leaders who work in fast-paced industries
- Service-driven professonals who are juggling multiple responsibilities
- Individuals and teams who may be struggling burnout
Living Between Worlds
As a Puerto Rican, Jamaican-Chinese woman born and raised in North Carolina in a family of New Yorkers, Tianna understands what it’s like to exist between worlds. Apart from being a multiethnic woman, she has also existed between many worlds and professions, like music, mental health, media, and education. Time and time again, Tianna has discovered that the more we embrace and celebrate our unique identity, the greater opportunity we have to serve others.
Regardless of your background or upbringing, exploring identity is a key part of your personal and professional journey. When you feel empowered to explore your personal story and can celebrate who you are, you give others a safe space to do the same. However, reflecting on your story can be challenging, with the rise of important questions like “Who am I?”, “What do I stand for?”, “What kind of life do I want to lead?”.
In this program, Tianna invites audience members into her world as a person with multiple intersecting identities while encouraging attendees to reflect on their own personal narratives. Through storytelling, a touch of humor, and a warm, encouraging tone, Tianna inspires audience members to explore and celebrate their personal identities and feel confident in their unique strengths.
- Why it’s crucial to reflect on their identity, especially when it feels uncomfortable
- How addressing identity and personal narrative can transform their lives
- How to thoughtfully explore conversations around identity with friends, family, and peers
- How to explore, write, and share their personal narratives in a way that feels authentic and empowering
This Program is Perfect For
- Leaders who want to develop their confidence and self-awareness
- Professionals who want to lead from a more empathetic, culturally-conscious place
- Individuals who want to increase confidence at work and harness their background and unique strengths
Boost Your Happiness
When asked what they want out of life, many people will say “I just want to be happy.” But the truth is, there’s seldom a roadmap for how to get there. Happiness itself can feel like a cliché — it sounds amazing in theory, but what does it actually look like in practice? How do you go from surviving — and barely going through the motions of life — to thriving and experiencing true happiness?
Luckily, a roadmap exists for authentic happiness — and it’s practical, fun, and backed by science. If you can learn to harness the power of five core elements (positive emotions, engagement, relationships, meaning, and accomplishment) the possibilities are endless for your long-term happiness, well-being, and resilience. This is positive psychology, and this is the science of happiness.
In this interactive program, Tianna shares how the positive psychology can help professionals go from “barely surviving” to thriving — at work and in life. Through experiential activities that demonstrate the power of positive psychology, Tianna helps audiences harness the science of happiness to feel confident, aligned, and empowered.
- The history and science behind the positive psychology movement and how it can help attendees thrive, not just survive
- The five core elements of psychological well-being (PERMA) and how each element can lead to long-term happiness
- How practices like gratitude, mindfulness, reverse bucket lists, and character strengths can boost confidence, happiness, and long-term resilience
- How to uncover meaning in everyday life and start living passionately with purpose
This Program is Perfect For
- Leaders/profesionals who want to feel confident in their work and achieve optimal well-being
- Leaders/professionals who want to learn to harness their strengths and use their unique gifts for good
- Leaders/professionals who want to boost their long-term resilience at work and in life
Running With Wolves
Within every woman, there is a powerful force of passion, intuition, and wisdom. Over time, during our pursuit of accolades, achievements, and status, it can be easy to lose sight of that power. As a result, we may feel anxious, unfulfilled, and even depressed. As women, how do we reground, reconnect, and regain confidence in ourselves? How can we live in alignment with our true selves in a fast-paced, pressure-filled world and society?
Tianna’s wellness journey began in college when she learned to overcome stress, anxiety, and burnout through intentional self-care practices and exploring her personal narrative. Over the years, she has supported countless women in their journey to self-confidence and empowerment. If your organization is looking for a speaker to make an impact on women, this program is for you.
Utilizing her expertise in mental health, psychology, and wellness, Tianna equips women with strategies for amplifying their voices and cultivating confidence in conversations, relationships, and moments of decision-making. Inspired by the “wild woman” archetype in psychology, or “the woman who runs with wolves,” Tianna empowers women to feel confident and aligned in mind, body, and soul. During this program, Tianna leads attendees through writing and reflection exercises to help them express themselves authentically.
- Techniques for cultivating confidence in personal and professional life
- Tangible exercises for connecting with the mind, body, and soul in everyday life
- How to release the pressure of perfection and embrace the inner “wild woman” instead
- How embracing your inner “wild woman” can help you gain clarity and confidence throughout the college journey
This Program is Perfect For
- Women leaders who seek to feel confident, inspired, and empowered at work and in life
- Working professionals who would like to cultivate a deeper sense of wellness and self-care
- Professionals who primarily work with, lead, or serve women
To help you promote your event with Tianna, EVERGREEN has created promotional templates. In this folder, you will find resources for social media and press photos that you can use for your event.
Review Promotional Materials